DIY back to school Notebooks


Hey readers! Welcome back! I do have another back to school post for you all as promised. I used to make tons of DIY projects back in the day but I haven't in a very long time. So please bear with me as I try to get back into the DIY world. But since I share a lot of things on here anyways I decided to show you guys this notebook that I redid. It's totally DIY-able and I'm going to tell you guys exactly how I did it. 
I'm a big fan of easy DIYs and fast ones too. I tend to get a little impatient when it comes to painting though. So that was my first mistake in this process lol. I decided to scroll through Pinterest to find some inspiration before I started. I kind mixed from the ideas I saw and just kind of made up my own. 
I started with the painting (ugh) and I went for a pink and green. I had envisioned it a little different in my head but it's okay. 
While this was supposed to be drying I looked up some quotes that might motivate me in the school year. After looking at a few, I settled with this half Bible verse from 1 Corinthians 13:8. 
I took out my sharpies and began to practice a little before the real deal. That's always a good idea to create a draft in everything before the final project. 
And then this is where it went wrong... I thought the paint was completely dry. I touched it and nothing came off on my hands so I'm thinking, "Oh this is perfect".
I start to draw out my words and when I got to the "O" in "LOVE", it starts to take off the paint. 
I'm freaking out, just a bit not too much though.
So I just stepped away from it a bit and let the paint dry as much as possible. 
And then I finished the project. What you should take away from this is, Patience is a virtue. 
Something I need to work on I guess. But anyway, it wasn't a complete fail, it came together in the end and now I have a DIY notebook that's much cuter then it was before. I'm going to leave a picture down below of what the before and after notebooks look like next to each other.  I hope you all have an amazing rest of your day and I can't wait to see you guys here next time I post! :)
-Faith





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where did the time go?

DIY Keyboard/Piano