Healthy Banana Pancake recipe


Hey readers! So funny story, I just finished making this post about half an hour ago and then I accidentally deleted the whole thing...yay me. I was super frustrated but then I thought, I guess I'll just have to make this post better than before! :)
As I promised in the last post, I'm going to be showing you my gluten-free Banana 
Pancake recipe. The great thing about this recipe is, it is not only very healthy for you but it also tastes good too. I hate it when I find amazingly healthy recipes and it doesn't taste up to par. So in this recipe, we aren't sacrificing flavor for health, we are combining the two.
Alright, let's get straight to the point of this post, the recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 1 banana (mashed)-the riper the better
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1 cup milk (your choice to substitute what you like)
  • 1 tsp vanilla 
  • 3/4 cup gram (chickpea flour) -or add flour until the consistency of your desire.
  • 1/2 salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda or 1 tsp baking powder (if you mix this with a little vinegar in the milk you will get the best results)
You're going to want to take a bowl and start by mixing together your wet ingredients. In the same bowl add your dry ingredients and mix everything together until smooth (it's okay if there are some banana lumps in there). Lightly grease your pan/griddle and pour a small amount of your pancake batter onto it. Make sure your pan has heated up before doing so. Flip your pancakes when bubbles start to form on the top of the batter that's cooking. Take off when fully cooked on both sides. This should take about 1-2 minutes on each side.

This recipe makes about 4 servings. I like to cook enough for myself and whoever I'm sharing it with. Then I pour the batter into an airtight jar and place in my fridge for the next time I use it. It's super quick and easy to cook these in the morning. If you would like, you can add chocolate chips to give it more flavor. Or just eat it with butter. I'm not a huge fan of syrups because they have lots of high sugars in them and it's not the best for your body. So I like to stick to natural sweeteners such as honey and fruit. But to each his/her own. 

I hope you guys enjoyed today's post because I put quite a bit of effort writing it twice haha. 
If you enjoy seeing recipes on this website, please let me know because I would love to make content that you enjoy. 
Have an amazing day! -Faith


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

where did the time go?

DIY Keyboard/Piano